- Birth - Receiving blanket
- Baptism - Faith chest & baptismal
- Two years - The prayer pillow
- Kindergarten - All the languages
of the good news
- First Communion
- Third Grade Sunday Church School
- Good News Bible
- Seventh grade, upon entering
catechetical studies - Luther's Small Catechism
- Completion of Confirmation Study
- Learning Bible and crosses
- Young Drivers - Blessing of the
- Wedding Anniversary
- Remembrance of our beloved
- 75 or more Years of Praising God
What is St. Mark's Milestone Ministry?
Milestone ministry is a way for us to celebrate the promises
made in baptism, provide learning opportunities for families,
and recommit ourselves as a congregation to nurture one another
as the body of Christ as we mark "milestones" in a person’s
journey of faith.
Based on faith
passage moments encountered by children, youth and adults. These
particular occasions are marked and celebrated with families and
individuals as they grow in their faith life. The first
milestone is baptism. Throughout a child’s growing years,
there are other times that we make a point to connect as a
congregation and celebrate once again this identity as a child
of God, a brother and sister in Christ.
during worship. Families and the congregation celebrate the
- Gifts. Each
milestone is celebrated with gifts from the congregation.
The gifts serve as a reminder for the individual as their
faith journey continues.
- A luncheon.
The families gather for fellowship and lunch. Often,
this is an opportunity for the milestone recipient to
examine and understand their gifts.
- Taking it all
home. Families begin to use the tools and experiences in
their daily lives at home. Growth in faith is going on